A system provides data security if the data stored within the system is
to theft, sabotage, or other forms of unwarranted intrusion or alteration.
VillageMall ensures data security through the use of multiple security technologies, including:
Once a user has been authorised to use the companies accounting system,
user-defined roles and permissions determine which functions and data are available to specified users. These permissions
can be used by customers to delegate different levels of access and authority to their employees, accountants,
- SQL server database that store customer information in secure
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 database servers providing integrated state-of-the-art data security and integrity.
- Separate database Every company has their
own separate secure database, which is backed up daily.
- Online user backup Each company may
backup their company accounting data onto their site using vendor independent,
International OECD SAF-T file formats.
- Automatic Digital Signatures, with
inbuilt user initiated integrity checking on all corporate Web Cabinet
- Windows 2003 Servers, and security infrastructure
to prevent access to both applications and data by unauthorised
- Microsoft Dot Net Framework, all
VillageMall services are built upon the Dot Net 2.0 framework, which provides
extensive security capabilities utilised by our applications.
- Multi-level Hardware firewalls which limit access to both applications and data
- Due to economies of scale, it is likely that
VillageMall can protect your data better than you can. For the same reason you
keep your money in a bank instead of your mattress, you will want to keep your
data with an enterprise online repository.